Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Playlist to Belt Out

Or at least that's what I call it. Everyone knows that music can change your mood. Whether it's from stressed to calm, or from upset to upbeat, music is a powerful thing. I find that when I feel most stressed out, I catch myself singing. It calms me because singing helps me focus on my breath and distracts me from whatever it is that's going on around me that's making me uptight. I've been called high-strung and anal, but when it comes right down to it, one of my favorite things to do is crank up a song in the car and belt it out at the top of my lungs (maybe add a little dancing in there and it's a party!). The list of songs below won't neccesarily relax you, but they might be just the thing to get you out of a funk. They work for me! *Some songs may contain cursing, just a warning in case small ears are listening!*

1. Call It What You Want - Foster the People
          Every time I hear this song I dance. Literally every single time. Yes, I get weird looks in the grocery store sometimes, but who cares? It makes me feel good, and it makes me want to move. If I had an mp3 player, this would be my choice of workout music. ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

2. Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
          This song just makes me wanna sing! I always belt out the "Whoah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" part. And I always feel better afterwards. ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯.

3. Some Nights - Fun.
          I am a lover of songs with multiple voices, and that's why I love this song. I am in love with the voice of Nate Ruess, the lead singer. This song almost has a choral sound, and is definitely something that can be belted out! It's very upbeat, unless you listen to the words. A lot of the songs by Fun. have hidden messages behind the upbeat music, which is another reason that I love them. ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

4. MakeDamnSure - TakingBackSunday
          This is a little older, but I still love it. If you've never heard it, I reccomend listening at least once, possibly repeating!♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

5. Sweet Sour - Band of Skulls
          My daughter loves this song and requests it on a pretty frequent basis. It's just so catchy!♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

6. Before He Cheats -Carrie Underwood
          Even if you don't have a cheating significant other, this song is still fantastic. To be truthful, I'm not really a fan of country, but it helps let out a certain anger and stress when I listen to this. I can just feel her rage! She has an amazing voice in my opinion. This is also a hit when doing karaoke...♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

7. 5-1-5-0 - Dierks Bentley
          Again, not a huge fan of country, but a friend of mine got me hooked on this song. A warning, it may get stuck in your head. This song is just super fun and seriously puts me in a good mood when I'm not having such a great time. ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

8. Willow Tree March - The Paper Kites
          This band is fantastic, and I'm very sad that most people haven't really heard them. This song reminds me of a war song. It's really fun to sing with in the car! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

9.A Favor House Atlantic - Coheed and Cambria
          Someting is still so catchy about this song. It was really popular with my group of friends when I was younger, and now it's just so fun to jam to. This definitely makes me tap my feet, and pretend I'm playing the drums... Obviously this song rocks in my book. I also think what Coheed and Cambria did was a cool concept. If you listen to every song on their albums in order, you'll find a story. They purposefully wrote every song to create a piece of the story. Very talented. ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

10. Nobody Puts Baby In the Corner - Fall Out Boy
          I am a lover of Fall Out Boy. They started getting famous in my teens, and I've listened to them ever since. I'm not really sure what attracts me to this, but the long notes are great. Something about this one excites me, and what other reason do I need to love music? ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

Of course, there are so many other songs that could be mentioned here, this is simply my current list! There are so many great artists out there, and I am working to explore them all. Well, what do you think? What would you add to this list? Or what would your list be? Comments and suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment