Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ally's Soundtrack

So I have a child who is a huge fan of music. I must say that this definitely is my own fault. Every time we get in the car, she DEMANDS music. She's been telling people to be quiet and turn up the volume on the stereo since she started forming sentences. I, unlike most parents, never really let her listen to kids music. Sure, Disney movie songs and whatnot, fine. But I was determined that I would never have to listen to a Kidz Bop album or Sesame Street. If we are listening to music purposefully, as in not on the television or a movie, then it's always real music. In fact, when she was 3, I changed my lullaby for her from You are my Sunshine to The Only Exception by Paramore. Any Paramore song did the trick really. A little over a year ago, I made good friends with someone that I started working with at the time, and he was just as much of a music lover as I was. He introduced me to some new sounds, and really put the fire back in me to discover what was out there that wasn't really heard by the masses. Allison grasped onto this, and her love for music went soaring. I wanted to share some of her favorite songs. Enjoy! *Disclaimer: you may feel that some of these songs are not appropriate for your child. We always listen to the edited versions, and it is under your discretion as to what you let your child listen to. I am under no circumstances responsible for any repercussions!*

Ally's Playlist

Kids - MGMT Watch the video.
Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros Video version.
Rolling in the Deep - Adele Watch the video.
Morning Glory - Oasis Video Version.
I've Got Your Number - Passion Pit Video Version
The Only Exception - Paramore Watch the video.
Do You Want to Know a Secret - The Beatles Video version.
Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn, and John Watch the video.
We Are Young (feat. Janelle MonĂ¡e) - Fun. Watch the video.
Tongue Tied - Grouplove Watch the video.
Our Song - Taylor Swift Watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment