Friday, September 28, 2012

In Case You Were Wondering...

I understand that a lot of the people who look at this blog may wonder why I post so much music. To be truthful, it's really because this is about my life. Currently, I am awaiting the papers for my divorce to reach me by mail, and I'm afraid of what that may bring. Maybe it will finally become real to me that my daughter's father and I no longer have any relationship beyond being the parents of the same child. Music is my way of dealing with that, just as it has been my way of dealing with most of the difficult things in my life. I have been through a lot in the last year and a half, and many things in my life have changed. My relationship with my daughter has strengthened and grown, and music is part of that relationship. We listen while we cook, we dance and we sing, and it brings us joy or calms us when we are a little too on edge. It is my crutch, and I think it's not the worst thing I could be doing, if you catch my meaning. I apologize if you are bored by it, but I will never tire of hearing a note played or sung. It expresses things that I cannot put into words myself, my pain, my grief, my happiness, my fear. I hope you can appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment